New Phone System Recommendations

We discussed a FreePBX system with them as well. They were really great to talk to and were very generous with their time in fielding every question we had. We decided to go with Jive for at least a short 18 month contract. We’ll reevaluate the field then, plus we’ll own our Yealink phones at that time. I know several people happily using FreePBX.

We have been using Digium for last 5 years and no issues. We use it over VPN to multiple campuses, with both desk and soft mobile phones. May pay a little more upfront for actual PBX, but renewal pricing isn’t bad. I preferred to buy the Appliance and it has worked with no issues since installing it. If you have any questions, just send me a message.

Hello Mike,

Since you were the last to comment… and
I DO realize this is an old post, but for the good of the group, especially those utilizing RockRMS, its worth a look at Intulse - hosted VoIP as they have a great Rock Plugin as well as a robust integration: Rock RMS VoIP Integration for Churches – Intulse

1 Like

Just for the benefit of any UK techies reading this, OpenReach (who control the UK local loop) have recently announced they will be stopping the installation of new POTS lines and similar analogues services in 2025, in which case ONLY IP telephony solutions will be available from that point onwards.
This is matched to the current rollout of Fibre to the Premises (FTTP), which should be mostly complete by then. They will then start pulling out all unused copper from the ducting, which also means there will be no line-power capability for any onsite equipment. This will affect things like intruder and fire alarm systems, which use the POTS line voltage to determine if the emergency call line has been tampered with. It will also affect some vulnerable community support lines and any other systems that rely on analogue lines.
I obviously can’t comment on what is happening in the US with the local Bell companies, but I expect they are likely to follow OpenReach’s example as much as possible, so likely to follow suit within similar time frame. Thus anticipate that all analogue services will be terminated well before the end of this decade.