New CCB Checkin

We have moved to the new check in for CCB, and now find Reports missing from the manned check in screen. Reports was a very important feature, as we ran a child check in report each service hour, saved the file, and emailed to children ministry leaders and security staff, so if evacuation was necessary, there was a list of who should be in the classrooms. For that to be missing potentially impacts the safety of our children.
Is Reports (Room Roster in our case) still there, and I have missed seeing it?

• Greg
1 Like

Hey Greg,

I can’t help but chuckle at this a little, simply because I FEEL YOUR PAIN in this area. We have been testing new check-in along side the current solution and have A LOT of issues with it that it seems like CCB could care less about… most notably, LACKING THE ABILITY TO RUN REPORTS FROM THE CHECK-IN INTERFACE!!

Luckily, the reports are “still there”… if you log into CCB (don’t do this on check-in, or it will reset check-in), on the left menu bar, click “Check-In” (make sure you go to the NEW check-in page), when you hover over one of your saved setups (assuming you use this), click the “…” and that’s where you can get your reports. The “Reports” dropdown that you see runs the report(s) for ALL saved setups.

1 Like

Hey Greg,

CCB is aware of the gap and I believe the plan is to restore reporting some time this month. So, we are currently running New Check In for check in and Old Check In for reporting at our broadcast campus (and it is working fine). At all other campuses we reverted to Old Check In.

FYI CCB is planning to phase out Old Check In at the end of October, so we are keeping our eyes on this. Hope this helps!

Steve

1 Like

I did see reporting in the full CCB interface, which I can do, but more useful to have reporting in Manned check in. Good to hear they may restore it. We run the Room Roster report each service, and simply save as a file from Firefox, then email it. That report in full CCB check in only can be printed, so it would mean printing to pdf, then emailing that, which is clumsier for those receiving the email in their phone.
There are several good features in the new check in, but CCB has stumbled in a couple of areas, reporting being one, tablet app being another.
We will currently run reports in old, checkin with new, and hope reporting is restored by the time old check in goes away.
Thanks for the answers!

1 Like

I see a Reports button has been added to Manned checkin, which sends to reports in CCB without need to logon. HOWEVER, there are serious flaws in the reports which we are submitting with a trouble ticket. The report, even though it previews OK, leaves out some classes, and different ones each time printed, whether to paper or pdf. This is serious, since we send out reports to our safety/security people, and the report tells them and children’s staff who should be in the classrooms. Also, the Code number is cropped on numbers with wider characters, so we cannot see the whole number. Our safety people use this to look up someone when they find a pickup tag on the floor somewhere (more common than you would expect).
There are several other issues with the reports and the tablet app, which only took me about an hour to discover, I have no idea why the issues were not caught by CCB staff during testing, seems like poor project management.
The checkin itself parents find faster and easier, so that part is OK.

• Greg

Hey Greg!

We just reviewed this with Jeff Otero (leads CCB Product Development) on a call yesterday and he committed to ensuring this is fixed before Old Check In is deprecated. I’ll definitely share any updates we receive with you.

Steve

Good to hear, thanks!

Hey Greg - I am meeting with CCB senior leadership today. Can you please
send (sanitized) examples of the issues you are seeing here so we can
review with them?

Steve

Steve Klein

DIRECTOR, IT & CAMPUS SYSTEMS

I see now that some of the issues have been fixed, mainly all groups are now included in Check In reports, but room number is still not displayed like in the old checkin.

Report formatting still cuts off some of the checkin numbers that use wider digits.

Also, the tablet app still requires a printer installed in order to use, which seems to negate the value in classrooms for information lookup.

Nonetheless, progress is being made!

1 Like

Hey Greg - did you see that CCB is not deprecating old check in until January 31st at the earliest? Just wanted to make sure you are aware.

Thanks for the update, that is good news! Hopefully, the remaining bugs will get worked out. Still puzzled some of the issues did not show up during testing.

I see that now CCB has pushed date to retire old checkin to May 5. That is good, since there are still many flaws in the new checkin, and also the app. We have put in multiple help tickets, and CCB responded they had solved a ticket we did not even put in. CCB simply does not seem to understand the problems, nor our description of them.

Sample items:

• Reports still do not work right in the new checkin
  • Texting does not work from the app, even when turned on in setup
  • The app cannot run reports or look up information such as phone number of a parent.
  • The app cannot be used without choosing a printer, thus negating the value of using it in classrooms for information or emergency list of who has checked in that day

Anyone with contacts at CCB please tell them there is still much work to do before new checkin is fully ready.

• Greg

Ugh… I’m right there with you Greg… I have been working with our ministries to use new check-in instead of old while we still have the ability to revert back in the heat of the moment WHEN there are issues. CCB doesn’t seem to understand how integral this platform is for us, and when there are issues on a Sunday morning it causes A LOT of issues on the back end. I wish that they would simply abandon the project and leave things alone… at this point, new check-in is not viewed as an improvement in our eyes.

Actually, for us the new check in at the kiosks normally works fine, the problems are in the reports and the app. I still use the old check for reports on Sunday morning that we email to kids staff and security team, so they know who should be in the rooms if we need to evacuate. We also use those Room Roster reports to track down a parent or child when a name tag is found on the floor. The reports in the new check in however, do not work right for that purpose, cutting off tag numbers, not including room numbers, and using a much larger file size.

I will say the Print Hub features does work, set one up last Sunday and easily printed a tag from another computer and from a tablet.

• Greg

Yeah, that is what we are having to do as well. We’re not quite yet adventurous enough to explore print hubs… I would want to give them PLENTY of time to work through any kinks… but that’s good that you were able to get it to work. I’ve got our people compiling a list of complaints to forward on to CCB… don’t know how much good it will do, but I’m at least going to get it out in front of them.

Hey guys - CCB has a webinar scheduled for Wednesday. I would plan to join
this and voice your concerns there. We will be on this call.

Thanks
Steve

Steve Klein

DIRECTOR, IT & CAMPUS SYSTEMS

What is the webinar time, and the link location?

The print hub would mainly be to print from a phone or tablet, our check in kiosks each have a connected label printer. Besides, the app cannot be used on a tablet unless a printer is chosen (flaw).

I am still baffled that many of the issues with new check in were not discovered by CCB during testing, and fixed before rollout.

Greg

You can register [here] (https://ccbchurch.zoom.us/webinar/register/9815804261995/WN_txq7D_KBRk2BKUvhQf_8pg/?utm_campaign=Software%20News&utm_source=hs_email&utm_medium=email&utm_content=83013269&_hsenc=p2ANqtz-_jty0VdmvHdo-cXatZTicLhWtS9tJBw3Zd22B-Fhm8HmykMK8MlbDJ2gvPk48RaZ24DQwDHj-Rmalj4yFilt2K5XvfWA&_hsmi=83013643) Greg.

Total waste of time, mostly sales pitch for PushPay, who now apparently owns CCB. Honestly, how to we get answers to our questions, support has not been any help, neither was this webinar.