Planning Center & Acxounting Software

(Steve Fitzgerald) #1

For those using Planning Center what accounting software are you using? We’re using CCB and Quickbooks and not happy with either. We’re considering Planning Center and moving to a different financials package.

(Chris Green) #2

People use Quickbooks because it is easy, what they know, or because that’s what their CPA uses/supports. Nobody picks it because it is amazing. If you want something similarly easy, check out Xero. If you want something more powerful, get ready to break out your wallet because they get exponentially more expensive.

As for ChMS, I have increasingly become convinced that 90% of ChMS switching has nothing to do with the failings of the product one is currently using and everything to do with the lack of effort/desire to learn how to use it well. I just completed a ChMS search for my own church and reviewed all the options that would fit our church size. CCB was quite honestly my top choice as it has features/capabilities that are high value which nobody else is doing at all. Planning Center has 3-4 things that it does with an app-driven, easy to use model that attracts a lot of pastors purely because they only look at the one-off tasks. Behind the scenes it is a disaster of shortcomings in my opinion. (And this is said from someone currently implementing it for his own church.) I’ll gladly discuss with you the key significant issues I have with the product if you want. Find me on Slack :wink:

(Norman Ho) #3

Dynamics NAV on cloud.

(Crystal Shelton) #4

Would love to hear your take (shortcomings, significant issues) on Planning Center. Just finished a thorough investigation of it myself and getting ready to present to my supervisor.