Any no prep/minimum supplies/ group church games?

Hello,

Does anyone have any games for a group of adults for a church gathering?

Minimal supplies needed if any at all. I figured i’d ask here to see if any of you have any games you use to play regularly at church functions etc. Or any ideas of ones I could suggest. We are having a church gathering and I have a few games (catch phrase) but I am trying to think of other things (white elephant we cant do). Any suggestions are welcome anywhere from 3-18 people is about the group range of members there.

There’s a game called Cards Christians Like, https://cardschristianslike.com/ which is fun with a Christian group. Cards Against Humanity and Apples to Apples, but clean and churchy. Example: “In today’s episode of Veggie Tales, Larry the Cucumber wrestles with ___”

Hi Rachel!

I actually just seen this on Discord. The Church I serve has a gaming group (that I also lead), and would love to point you to a few games. Some of the games that I do recommend that are extremely short to set up and play are:

• Munchkin - Any version

• Apples to Apples / Cards Christians Like

• Dice Forge - This does take time to setup to store in the box but afterwards it is easy to set up and teardown.

• Exploding Kittens - There are two versions for this game, Safe for Work, and Not Safe For Work. Walmart I believe sells both, however they are clearly marked.

• Exploding Unicorns - Same as exploding kittens but with Unicorns

• Marvel Lengendary (if you have people who enjoy comic books and are looking for a great card game. This does take time to play but if you are looking for a game that is easy to learn hard to master this I would recommend)

• Pandemic - This game I have a love/hate relationship with. It is a VERY difficult game to win. There are two different ways to lose, but only one way to win. It also comes with different settings as well. Ie Cithulu mythos.

Also a few games that I would recommend avoiding in a church setting are:

• Betrayal at the House on the Hill (2nd edition) - This is due to references to Satanic Symbolism (ie Inverted Pentagrams)

• Cards Against Humanity - NSFW (Not Safe For Work) references, explicit materials.

There are many more games that I could list, but these ones I would definitely recommend! We play them regularly, and always have a blast (especially with Exploding Kittens/Unicorns [Pun intended]). Hope this helps you out!

Awesome. Just now seeing your reply! Thank you I’ll check it out. Appreciate it.

Awesome thank you!! I’ll check it out.