365 Backup - Barracuda, N-Able, Metallic, etc

We are looking at different cloud backup for 365. Barracuda is one option but N-Able and Metallic also look appealing. What are you using or are you not using anything?

We are using Veeam which is local not cloud. I wish I could afford Barracuda. I wish their pricing wasn’t all or nothing because I really don’t need to back up everyone. Because I am not backing everyone up, it needs hand holding. I have to be sure to add new employees and remove old. I also have to make sure I catch new SharePoint stuff (Planner, o365 groups, teams, sharepoint sites) I’ve resolved to reviewing SharePoint sites once a month to be sure I’ve got everything.

We partnered with Dropsuite for cloud to cloud backup and prefer it over the other solutions out there. (We evaluated a LOT of them.) Pricing is great and protects everything.

For our clients that don’t want a cloud to cloud option we have many that are using the M365 backup built into Synology to replicate a local copy of data. We also support quite a few using Veeam.

For now, we are going to depend on Microsoft 365 to not lose our data. Some users are also storing on the computer too. Barracuda cloud 365 backup runs about $36 a user a year so the price with 10 users is not bad.

I work for a managed service provider and we try to get everyone on Barracuda Total Email Protection for ease of management. We recently migrated our clients to that from Datto (formerly backupify) for 365 backups. Both Datto backups and Barracuda automatically backup all Sharepoint/Teams data. It is priced per user or seat and the Teams and Sharepoint sites do not take up a seat. What Barracuda told us as far as seats go is you tell them how many active users you have and price from there. They are aware of shared mailboxes and group mailboxes and although it backs those up too you don’t have to pay for seats for those. As long as you aren’t paying for 10 users and backing up 100 they don’t really care to reconcile that. I was told as long as its not exorbitant it doesn’t raise a red flag. They did leave an option to reconcile when it comes time to renew but it did not sound like anything hard and fast if that makes sense. I have used both Datto and Barracuda and have access to both admin portals so if you have a specific question about either you want answered just let me know.