VOIP Conference Phones

What are you using for a conference phone for audio-only conferences?
We have a ShoreTel system and I’m not currently using one of their conference phones. I was curious what others are using as a VOIP conference phone.

Our school has a ShoreTel system, with the IP480 phones, and their speaker works very well for conference call. Were you thinking speakerphone, or something else?

• Greg

Hi Greg, I was thinking as a conference option for a larger conference room. Speaker phone works well if only 1 or 2 people speak, but in a larger group with multiple speakers, they need something with multiple microphones.

I’ve got a Polycom conference phone on order. It has add-on microphones that can be purchased for larger rooms, which I will probably need after testing the phone in a fairly large conference room.

Thanks Hugh, we have an old PolyCom Soundstation analog phone as well. Is the Polycom you ordered analog?

The one I have on order is a Polycom IP 6000 (VoIP), which has proprietary add-on microphones specific to that model. You might check with Polycom to see if they have mics specifically designed for your model of phone.

Thanks for the additional information Hugh.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.