What sorts of websites should be tested in light of upcoming changes to Chrome?
Recent courtesy notification from Microsoft.
Chrome is changing the way websites and cookies work by default. In preparation for this change, Microsoft has updated the Microsoft 365 suite of products (Office Online, Power BI, etc.). This is a courtesy notification that web sites you use, if run in Chrome, may not work as expected once Chrome 80 releases on February 4, 2020, and should be tested to confirm if any updates are required.
Issues you may encounter if your apps aren’t prepared:
- Authentication in your applications may fail or loop
- Line of Business apps that rely on cross-domain cookies may break
- SaaS apps your organization uses run by other companies may stop working
We recommend that every customer take the time to test and fix their apps:
- Download the Chrome beta, and test it with the SameSite flags enabled. (Detailed instructions in the Additional Information)
- Update your apps to set the SameSite=None flag if needed.
Additionally, consider setting Group Policy to disable the change in Chrome until you’re confident that apps you rely on will work in Chrome.
Please click Additional Information to learn more.