Transitioning to VPP

I’m trying to migrate all of our app purchases over to VPP. Right now, we use a mix between one iTunes account for the entire organization and ministry specific apps which we use to load apps on the devices. I realize this is illegal, so I’m really trying to expedite our transition away from this model. I’m trying to wrap my head around some things on transitioning to VPP and have a few questions below.

1. Is there any way to transition apps from an iTunes account to a VPP account?
  2. During your transition to VPP, did IT help subsidize consts for buying apps over again on VPP?
  3. How do you explain to ministries that they now need to purchase, for instance, 6 licenses for one app instead of just one?
  4. How do you ensure that people adhere to purchasing apps through VPP instead of their personal accounts?

Thanks!

We’re starting down this road as well. From my experience:

1. I’m not aware of any way to convert licenses purchased through the App Store to VPP purchases.
  2. We haven’t had to do this yet. Luckily, whoever started the church’s IT iTunes account managed to keep the password a secret, so we’ve been able to maintain relatively tight control over the installation of apps on multiple machines and I think all the major purchases are only installed on one computer.
  3. Usually the “doing it the old way was illegal, so we need to make sure we stop doing that” approach gets the point across.
  4. A combination of clear communication about the new software purchasing policy and playing hardball by denying reimbursement requests for purchases made outside the guidelines.