Northwoods is hiring a full-time Systems Administrator. We are a multi-site church based in Peoria, IL, with regional campuses in Canton, Chillicothe, and Galesburg (though our Galesburg campus will soon be transitioning to an independent church plant). While we are currently primarily working from home for Covid-19 mitigation purposes, this is not a remote work opportunity. It is full time, M-F, with occasional, scheduled Sunday morning coverage.
Apply at Employment Opportunities | Northwoods Church and DM me with questions!
The Systems Administrator is responsible for ensuring network availability to all users by designing, installing, supporting, and upgrading the operation of the organization’s infrastructure, servers, and software. Manages and maintains LANs, WANs, on-premises servers, Virtual Desktop Infrastructure, cloud services, and software systems. Oversees disaster planning, upgrade planning, and responds to outages by monitoring and analyzing problems within the network and server infrastructure to ensure its availability. Works with other Information Technology and ministry staff to develop and support ministry efforts using MinistryPlatform and other technology systems.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Daily administration: Administration of servers and network infrastructure to provide system stability and integrity in a multi OS environment by solving problems reported by users and monitoring systems. Administer the network to obtain the best balance of performance, internet/intranet connectivity, manageability, and reliability. Maintain Microsoft 365 cloud services. Develop appropriate automation of systems administration.
- System Monitoring: Support and maintain network efficiency by monitoring and overseeing all network infrastructure.
- Analysis: Providing internal analysis and support in relation to network capacity and uptime and future planning and performance. Learns about new features of our technology systems and emerging technologies to make suggestions for improving Northwoods’ use of technology.
- Implementation: Assist in or lead the planning for and implementation of new systems and software.
- Budget: Provide insight and raw data to help facilitate the preparations of organizational Information Technology budgeting.
Policies and Procedures:
- Input: Provide input and develop drafts of policies and procedures overseeing network system use, administration, and maintenance.
- Assistance: Assist in establishing and maintaining procedures for regular preventative maintenance of services with vendors and service providers.
- General Administration: Document procedures for and coordinate execution of general administration, such as adding and configuring new users, managing backups, etc.
- Coordination: Provide input to establish policies to streamline administration and support. Coordinate basic system installation and configuration according to these policies.
- Volunteers: Leverage the skills, experience, and availability of volunteers to assist with all aspects of Northwoods infrastructure, including Help Desk, basic installations and upgrades, emergency issues, strategic planning and brainstorming.
- Teamwork: Work with the teammates and service providers to develop and implement strategic plans.
- Processes: Assist in developing orientation processes for new staff and procedures for the use of technology by staff and volunteers.
- Support: Provide Tier 2 support for escalated helpdesk requests.
- Recommendations: Make recommendations for resolutions and enhancements in the implementation of future servers and networks.
- On-call and Weekend Support: Participate in a rotation for off hours support. Be available to be scheduled for weekend support and special events.
- Staff Meetings: Attend staff meetings for global, visionary, and organizational matters.
Interaction with Others
The Systems Administrator will have regular interaction with the Information Technology Director for coordination of the efforts of the department. He/she will work closely with all levels of ministry staff as well as interacting with volunteers. The candidate for this position should be able to develop and maintain working relationships using positive, cooperative, professional interactions with staff, and outside agencies, and other individuals. He/she should be comfortable presenting and communicating our technology systems and choices to groups of ministry staff and/or volunteers.
Desired Skills and Abilities
- The Application Support and Systems Administrator should have training and/or experience sufficient to competently carry out the responsibilities of the position.
- A strong working knowledge and experience administrating VLans, Switches, Routers, WiFi, and Gateways
- A strong working knowledge and experience administrating: Active Directory, Microsoft 365 suite, VMware virtualization, MS SQL, Apple MDM
- A strong working knowledge and experience with Powershell scripting, MS SQL Stored Procedures, MS Power Automate
- Previous experience with MinistryPlatform is highly desired, but not required.
Beneficial Spiritual Gifts
Administration, Helps, Service, Leadership
Educational and Experience Required
3-5 years’ experience in related roles