System Center Licensing etc

So, we use System Center Configuration Manager for desktop management, deployment, etc.
Here’s my terminology:
OSE = Operating System Environment
ML = Management License
CB = Current Branch
CBB = Current Branch for Business
LTSB = Long-Term Servicing Branch

With the changes to how SCCM works (CB, CBB, LTSB, Server OSE’s, Client OSE’s, etc.), I’ve been asking how licensing works. Here’s what I’ve learned (thanks @CGreenTX and @iamkarlp).
DISCLAIMER: I am not a Microsoft licensing expert (or employee). This is just what I’ve learned, and it may be wrong.

I want to run the latest System Center ConfigMgr version (always updating to the latest):
this is essentially the ‘CB’ method

• All managed OSE’s will need a client matching the ConfigMgr Console version
  • You can run any version of the System Center ConfigMgr console
  • All non-Server OSE’s will need Client ML’s with active Software Assurance agreements
  • All Server OSE’s managed by ConfigMgr will need licenses either at the Standard or Datacenter level (both per-core licensing) with active SA
  • The version will be supported for 1 year after release (you have to update to a newer version)

I want to ‘run the latest at purchase’ and upgrade the version until my SA runs out:

• All managed OSE’s will need a client matching the ConfigMgr Console version
  • Max Version by date: LTSB will require License+SA that expired on or after Oct 1, 2016. If you are running Current Branch and your SA expires, you have to uninstall (but potentially can setup a new site w/ LTSB). If your License+SA expired before Oct 1, 2016, then the released version at or before your expiration is the ‘capped’ version you can run.
  • All non-Server OSE’s will need Client ML’s
  • All Server OSE’s managed by ConfigMgr will need licenses either at the Standard or Datacenter level

Some good articles I’ve found online:

I hope this helps someone else who’s trying to figure out their options. If you see anything that I’m assuming that’s wrong, please point it out.