Stand to Reason, a terrific apologetics ministry located in Southern California, has a position open:
At Stand to Reason, we emphasize clear and concise communication about ideas that matter – the Christian story of reality. You can be brilliant, but if you don’t communicate well, your ideas remain dormant. By God’s grace, we’ve trained thousands of Christians to “think more clearly about their faith and to make an even-handed, incisive, yet gracious defense for classical Christianity and classical Christian values in the public square.” One of our main platforms is our website, www.str.org which has great content created by wise people. But we have a problem. The website is not very well organized or targeted. Enter stage left, you.
As a UX Engineer, you’ll create world-class, user-centric experiences that foster engagement and training in the Christian worldview.
You’ll design what will be a user’s first experience with the Stand to Reason brand and STR’s primary training platform.
We want you to love what you do because everyone at STR does.
What You’ll Do
- Spearhead the visual and structural redesign of str.org
- Contribute to visual communication systems with other team members to establish consistency across the brand
- Research and design various internal and external microsites, as well as complementary collateral (ads, banners, etc.)
- Work closely with cross-functional teams to ensure that all visuals are “on brand” and glorify God
What We Expect
- Affirmation of STR’s statement of faith, a strong understanding of Christian theology, and a commitment to Jesus Christ
- A strong work ethic, a desire to learn, and work with a team
- Excellent typography and layout skills
- Expertise in the Adobe Suite, Sketch, and hopefully some cool new product we don’t know about
- Comfortable contributing to an iterative design process that includes accepting and acting on feedback and
- constructive criticism
- Ability to articulate design concepts and decisions, especially as they relate to ministry objectives
- Ability to abstract complex concepts into simple and engaging visuals
- You have an understanding of common UI patterns and design methodologies
- You have good taste, are detail-oriented, know what pixel-fitting is, and a mature sense of what is biblically appropriate
- Training in apologetics
- Animation / Motion
- Photo / Video
- A way with words
This is a fulltime position with salary and benefits. If you’re interested, contact Melinda@str.org with your resume.