Recommendation for a passwordless authentication software that can work on Apple and PC computers?

Any one have any recommendation for a passwordless authentication software that can work on Apple and PC computers?

I remember testing a program that uses a USB thumb drive for authentication. When you plugged in the drive it would let you in. If you remove it it would lock. Not sure what the name was or if it worked with Apple products.

sorry I couldn’t be more help.

What’s the application?

We use Azure for our SSO and federation, and it has a bunch of non-password options. They obviously get along best with Windows, but can be made to work with Macs, depending on what you’re trying to do. Though, in general, both Windows and MacOS require a user password somewhere for some features under the hood, so I’m not sure you’ll escape it.

If your goal is to just skip login (e.g. a kiosk computer or such), you can accomplish that in Windows with some registry settings, and on Mac in the Users settings.

I’m not sure about passwordless but you can certainly use Cisco Duo Security to add an additional authentication layer for macOS. Doesn’t support the new M1 CPUs (yet).

I’ve been playing with YubiKey recently. There is definitely a push for passwordless authentication but there is still a long way to go to get it working across all systems.