I was asked to find a wireless projector that would:
- work whether the throw distance was 10 feet or 20 feet.
- in any kind of lighting because some rooms can be darkened while others can’t.
- on a wide range of screens because they often don’t know if the screen will be 8 feet or 20 feet.
I can find projectors to meet the above 3 requirements. But their biggest want is wireless. Unfortunately, I’ve found that “wireless” means different things to different vendors.
- Some mention Bluetooth but only for connecting to speakers
- Some say WiFi but they mean both devices have to join the same WiFi to share screens but in some places they may not know the WiFi password and therefor can’t join the network… Or sometimes WIFI means the ability to stream through an app or by surfing the web directly from the projector itself. Others mean you can create a wifi connection between the two devices but that since a laptop can’t be connected to two wifi networks at the same time, I assume that once connected the laptop wouldn’t be able to retrieve content from the internet…
- Some mention connecting phones but some will cast while others require device specific wires.
- Some menion Miracast, AirPlay or Happycast (technology with which I have no experience.)
They will want to connect iphones, maybe iPADs and definitely a PC or Apple laptop devices.
Can anyone recommend a projector that will allow for a wireless connection between the laptop and the projector. Our local A/V company said that wireless connections between projector/laptop are problematic and unreliable and most require a third party device. He suggests using an HDMI connection.