I was wondering if anyone can give me some solid advice how to fix a major issue. We just bought brand spankin new servers and installed Windows Server 2019 Standard on it. We joined it to our Domain (2 Server 2008R2 and 1 Server 2016 Standard servers). One of the 2008R2 servers was the “primary” server. The DHCP information was backed up from the 2008R2 server and imported into DHCP server on the new 2019 servers once the 2008’s were demoted and taken off the domain.
Right off the bat we had dns issues. Figured out there was no forwards set so I set them to 126.96.36.199
Worked great, but the next day we had computers getting booted off the network,
What we figured that once a client requested a DHCP lease renewal, that would work, but something in the DNS was not update. So the computer basically got booted form the internet and could not access domain resources. I think we “fixed” the issue by clearing out the records in the DHCP, and that seemed to solve the problem. A week later weird stuff started happening again.
Our Kyocera copier can no longer send faxes and scans to shared folders on the server (SMB)
Can’t Ping the first server but can remote into it
Can Ping the second server but can’t remote into it
Hyper V machine on first server can not access shared folders on first server but can on second. (This used to work)
Here are some Event log errors.
Event Id 20320 Source DHCP Server
PTR record registration for IPv4 address [[192.168.2.245]] and FQDN StrattonPC.pennview.local failed with error SERV_FAIL. This is likely to be because the reverse lookup zone for this record does not exist on the DNS server.
Event Id 20317 Source DHCP Server
Forward record registration for IPv4 address [[192.168.2.102]] and FQDN Galaxy-S9 failed with error SERV_FAIL. This is likely to be because the forward lookup zone for this record does not exist on the DNS server.
A bunch before 5pm today
Event Id 30322 Source DHCP Server
PTR record registration for IPv4 address [[192.168.1.34]] and FQDN Frank.pennview.local failed with error 9005 (DNS operation refused.
Now I can’t log into the second server either by name or by ip address so I cant show logs on the first server.
The server 2016 server is off site and does not show these types of errors.
If anyone can point me in the right direction how to fix this issue that would be great.