Moving on to non-Church-IT Job

Hi all,

Today (28 Sept. 2018) is my last official day as the IT Manager for Parkview Christian Church in Orland Park, IL (suburbs of Chicago) where I’ve served as such for 11 years and have worked there for 14 years total.

I’m guessing this means I have to relinquish my membership here. If so, that’s fine–I have already changed my email address for here. I’m hoping to still be able to pop in and say hello in our Slack channel if that’s allowed.

3 Likes

There are several of us around that don’t have full-time Church jobs, but are still Christian folks with servant hearts :slight_smile: Stick around as long as you want.

3 Likes

Once in Church IT … you’re always welcome to remain part of the community … and I hope you will!
Congrats on the new gig!
-Jason Powell

6 Likes

I will miss you at the CITN gatherings, Michael. I always enjoyed getting to visit with you.

I pray you thoroughly enjoy this next leg of your adventure,

Nick

1 Like

The Midwest Region will miss your representation. Sorry to see you go.

1 Like

I am in non-comm Christian Radio … and involved in IT less than I used to be when I was IT manager … just sorry I won’t be at the National this year.

2 Likes

I was also in non-comm Christian Radio…for 11 years. That was my career before IT/Church IT. What station are you at–if you don’t mind me asking?

I don’t know yet if my new bosses will sanction a trip to the National again–but will keep my fingers crossed.

Thank you Nick–I feel the exact same way. I’ll miss our talks at the Nationals (and a few regionals!). Hope you are well.

I absolutely will! CITN was vital in my development, without participating over the years I don’t know if I’d even be in the position I am now. Thank YOU for all you’ve done & for being a friend, through some pretty difficult times too.

I work with Radio Training Network. We have 36 full power stations in Florida, Georgia, Alabama, North Carolina, South Carolina and Missouri.