Migrate from webmail to Office 365

I provide volunteer tech support for a small church with a Windows Server 2012 R2 Essentials computer and 3 Windows 10 computers. We have a WordPress website “mychurch.org” with email accessed through “mychurch.org/webmail” or using the Outlook Desktop program. Both the website and the email accounts are maintained by the same website company. For the past 6 months the email has been unreliable. We can send email between our email accounts with no issue but about half of the time emails sent to someone else get returned. I would like to migrate our email from our website/email provider to Office 365. We have a TechSoup account that can be used to purchase nonprofit licenses. But I don’t know where to begin the migration and would appreciate some suggestions. Thanks.

Hey Kathy, that’s likely an IMAP provider so with three users it’s a pretty straightforward migration. Go ahead and get your ten free M365 Business Premium licenses as a nonprofit and then do an IMAP migration: What you need to know about migrating your IMAP mailboxes to Microsoft 365 or Office 365 | Microsoft Docs

1 Like

Kathy, Isaac is right, it is a straight forward migration. But it can take some time and I do not know your knowledge or experience. You may want to look into having a tech support company do the migration for you. That is what I did we we migrated to Office 365 because I am the only IT staff my church has and I wanted to make sure if there was a problem it would not just be me trying figure out the cause. It will cost some money, but I think it may save you some future costs and worries. Just so you know my migration went fine and the support company was worth every penny.

1 Like