Looking for open source child sponsorship software

Our church in California built and supports an orphanage in Mexico with about 150 kids with 500 sponsors. There are also sponsors from other churches across the US.

We have completely outgrown google docs and sheets which is updated by people in Mexico and the US.

Does anyone have any suggestions for an Open Source solution? I know we need a database but Access hasn’t been friendly with multiple locations and their online help assumes you are a database programmer.

I need something with lots of online assistance to get up and running.

Hi Judy, I’d consider some sort of CRM rather than build something from scratch. A quick search led me to SalsaCRM, and it looks like there are several others geared towards donors/sponsors.

give a look here and see if you find anything helpful, ProcessDonation looked like a possible fit…

He asked specifically for OSS guys. :wink:

Anyhow, github has these two:

GitHub - joshuarichard/amgg: Senior project providing child sponsorship to AMG Guatemala for local donors (looks like it runs on NodeJS)
GitHub - buhayiseeyah/Barner.github.io: Barner Christian Academy is an institution which aims to provide education to all children through means of sponsorship. Its primary goal is character development through the knowledge of Jesus Christ as revealed in the Bible. Stress is placed upon developing the God-given talents and abilities of the child through a program which is committed to maximizing the full potential of each precious child. BCA seeks to provide each child with a Christian education (Proverbs 3:5,6), development of his or her unique skills, and achievement of personal academic excellence. This website serves as a communicating ground for the viewers, sponsors, admin, and the kids as well. (looks like it runs on LAMP)

Documentation is practically nonexistent for those projects and they aren’t terribly active.

I am not sure it would meet all of your needs but Rock RMS released Fundraising Groups awhile back. We just started using it for our short term mission trips and it seems to work well.

https://www.rockrms.com/Rock/BookContent/7/114#fundraisinggroups

2 Likes

We use Clarity - it works really well!

Check out Outgiven by Aprann. We are a faith based nonprofit startup, with focus on bring technology and education services to under-resourced communities. One of our services is a flexible and secure sponsorship platform. Not open source, but still a partnership opportunity :slight_smile: