IT Service Management/ticketing/help our support teams work better software

Here’s our yearly “I’m looking for a ticket system” thread…:upside_down_face:

I’m looking for a software package to cover several uses:

• Incident management/ticketing
  • Multi-team support (eg. IT, Facilities, AVL, etc.)
  • Self-service portal with a knowledge base
  • Mobile app for agents
  • Scheduled tickets (to support preventative maintenance scheduling)
  • Email interaction for requesters
  • Azure AD SSO capable/included

Big pluses:

• Integrated asset management (associate an incident with a computer/projector/other piece of equipment, loaner equipment check-out)
  • Some sort of service request functionality - eg. requesting a new employee onboard (user account requirements, computer equipment, etc.)
  • Per-team customer-facing email accounts (eg. itsupport@domain.com, facilities@domain.com, etc.)

If it has these features I’ll be really jazzed, but I don’t necessarily need them:

• Project management
  • Tracking of software contracts - reminders of expiration

I’ve explored a demo of Freshservice, but I’d like to see what else is out there before I write a proposal for it. This is new spending (we’ve been using Spiceworks), so it needs to be an amazing product that makes a big difference in efficiency.

Thanks in advance for your contributions!

This is definitely a case of “how much do you want to spend?”

These days I’d look at a full roll-out of Jira Core + Jira Service Desk and using it for all your project management/workflow tracking as well.

1 Like

Check out Front.app for a non-traditional approach. We’ve been using it couple years now :slightly_smiling_face:

eSPACE can handle most of that as well.

We use freshservice and it does just about all you’re asking for the only ones I’m not sure about is the per-team customer-facing email accounts and software contracts - that could be a scheduled ticket I suppose.

If only eSpace COULD handle most of that as well… not trying to take a cheap shot at your product @timcool but We’ve explored that option pretty exaustivly with the development team and were pretty much told the core basic ticketing system functions we would expect to be in such a product will just never be there in eSpace. The idea of eSpace being that tool for us is awesome… the reality… unfortunately is not the case. :sob:

@benfifield’s team can provide specific examples of what is missing if this is something you wanted to discuss.

+1 for Atlassian (Jira)

It can do all those things, although depending on number of users it can get pricey. We use Jira Service Desk, Jira Software (Application Development), Confluence (documents), and are rolling out Atlassian Access (SAML SSO and Provisioning).

It’s easy enough to get started with and has lots of room to grow.

Thanks @Jason.Lee and @benfifield

We reached out via email to chat. I think you are going to be pleasantly surprised how much of the list eSPACE can actually provide with all the features we have been adding the past couple years.

In my previous position as an IT Director for a local “Mega Church” I implemented SysAid. We had great results with it and it was configurable for multiple departments. Of course we used it primarily for IT but I set it up so maintenance received repair tickets etc. The scope of it was greater than we ever utilized but we got in early and were grandfathered with some great pricing.

To that point @timcool was doing our cooling and if he says he has eSpace up and running you can bet he definitely does. I met him several times over the years and he is a good dude.

If you have any need for external support just let us know and we would be happy to help.

Resolute Technology
www.resolutetechnology.net
byoung@resolutetechnology.net

We just switched to FreshService from Spiceworks. Been using it for a couple of weeks now. It should check off all of your requirements. They do give a non-profit discount.

I’ve used Freshdesk (cheaper than Freshservice) for multiple departments with separate incoming email addresses. Easy to use and you can pass tickets between departments.