HR Document Distribution?

Hi everyone,

Hoping you can help me—I’m the default IT guy here at the office (relatively small staff—around 7 altogether) and I’m wondering what you use to distribute HR documents. Our HR is run by one of our elders and he doesn’t quite have the time to build up a digital infrastructure to distribute it and I’d like it to be somewhat scalable in the event that we hire more staff.

I’m curious to hear what you use—intranet, apps? Any help you can offer would be great. I don’t think we can build out a custom intranet yet just because of our size, but if there’s any services that already provide solutions I’d love to hear them!

Thanks in advance!

This may be a more comprehensive answer than you are looking for, but I use gusto.com for our HR platform. This includes employment documents, on boarding steps, I9 qualifications, payroll, and even workmans comp. It’s a great platform and I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend it if your in the market.

1 Like

We use a combination of ADP’s Workforce and a staff intranet (built on WordPress). Looking at alternatives to Workforce, its price point is high for what you get (imho) and its UI is clunky (though it has improved).

Office365 Sharepoint might be an option. It’s free for non-profits.

Generally speaking, there are two types of HR communication: notifications that need to be pushed out to employees and forms, documents and other resources that need to be available to employees as needed–pull.

For push type HR communication we typically use email. Occasionally, we use postal mail to the employee’s home. The latter mostly as an exception case when the law requires it.

For pull type communication, we now have HRBamboo, which allows us to digitally store these items. We’ve also used a Personnel folder on the church file server.