Giving via Text

Our church is looking at adding giving via text message, We already have on-line giving through our website and mobile giving through our church app. I was hoping someone has had some experience with adding giving via text to on-line and mobile app giving to see if it will engage givers. I am not sure I see the real difference between texting and using our app, but would like to hear from someone that has really done this.

Thanks

The basic goal is speed. Kindred has a solid example… once the giver has set everything up in their system (personal info + mobile# credit card) the donor can, for example, simply text “shortcode 200” to the right number and quickly give $200. Your app probably goes fast as well.

Check with your existing eGiving provider. They may be able to easily add text giving to your existing setup.

We use VANCO for our text giving. It interfaces with ACS, our church software, but it also stands alone. Texting is an expensive giving option, but it is one more way for donors to give.

You could look at MobileCause. We have been using them for a few years and have been very happy.

One advantage for “text to give” is for visitors who may not want to download an app but still want to give easily. It is also great when you first start with mobile giving because it gives folks a chance to set up an account for the future. That wouldn’t be much help if you already have an app set up.

Our church uses Pushpay, which includes texting. As someone else said, I’m wondering if the company that handles your online and app giving has a text option as well.