First Baptist Church in O'Fallon, IL is seeking an IT Support Person

A friend of mine is about to move to FBC in O’Fallon, IL, and they are seeking an IT Support Person for their staff. The position is full time and will include benefits. I told him I would post the job description for them. If interested, please contact John Howard, Executive Pastor, john.howard@fbcofallon.org

Purpose: To serve the church by providing computer network and Information Technology support for all areas of ministry.

Hours: 40 hours per week as assigned by Supervisor; on call Sundays

Requirements:

be a Christian actively growing in faith

possess professional training or experience in the area of information technology

have experience working within the field

demonstrate a willingness to be involved in the overall ministry of the church by serving within a specific ministry

continue professional development as feasible.

Primary Responsibilities Network and Computer Related Responsibilities

Responsible for assisting in the administration of Information Technologies to include all computers, servers, network systems and printers and the related software pertaining to each.

Support fax machines and copiers as needed in conjunction with the service provider and existing maintenance agreements.

Work with the Network Administrator and Volunteer IT team to oversee budget, planning, hardware and software allocations, communications with volunteer staff, and liaison with contracted IT companies.

Oversee LAN set up, maintenance, design, back up systems and physical data backups.

System administrator for telephone system. Coordinate with appropriate vendor on users, troubleshooting, and problem areas.

Support the Trane HVAC control system as it is controlled through the existing network and in future expansion.

Other duties as assigned by the Minister to Students / Network Administrator.