Evernote to OneNote Transition

Alright, I need some advice…

I’ve had about all I can take with the way Evernote Business works. No matter how many times I tell new hires to not create an account with their church email address 90% of the time they still do. When that happens I tell them that they need to change the email on their account to a personal one, and being the typical users they are, instead of changing the email they create a new account with a personal email address.

Now I have the problem where they can’t join the business because an Evernote account already exists with the business email and they can’t change the business email to a personal account.

/rant

The real question here is how do I go about moving over to OneNote, on a mass scale? Microsofts import tool doesn’t work. I’ve tested it on three different accounts. It’ll put the notebooks over in OneNote but it never pulls the notes from the notebooks.

I helped a user do this a year or so ago and it was pretty painless. She was even able to configure OneNote to look similar to how her Evernote looked.

This site provides some helpful info: https://blogs.office.com/en-us/2016/03/11/make-the-move-from-evernote-to-onenote-today/ and there’s a link to Microsoft’s Evernote to OneNote importer: Import content from Evernote to OneNote. I believe we used the import tool for her.

But, now that I’m re-reading your email it says that you’ve tried the importer. If you are an Office 365 customer, you should be able to get assistance from Microsoft.

Thanks @steph.johnson, I’ll take a look at those articles.

Have you tried the webexport mentioned here?
“If you only ever use Evernote on the Web, we recommend exporting your notes from Evernote for Windows or Mac to an Evernote export (.enex) file.”

How many users are there? Any chance users could be responsible for manually moving their notes themselves?

Jonathan, I migrated from Evernote to OneNote a couple years ago and I used the Microsoft import tool.
It does change the formatting a bit but you can always adjust that.