Venture Christian Church has a new ROCK RMS Specialist position and we’re now accepting applications: Come Join My Team!!
Position Title: CRM / Rock RMS Specialist
Reports to: Director of Information Technology Department: Information Technology
Location: Los Gatos, CA Employment Status: Full-Time Exempt
Position Summary: The CRM / Rock RMS Specialist will primarily be responsible for developing and leveraging
ministry tools within Rock RMS (an open-source church management tool) to empower all Venture Christian Church
ministries. The CRM / Rock RMS Specialist will be responsible for the development, process integration, and configuration
of Rock RMS. The individual must be an excellent communicator, both verbally and written, while also having the technical
skills necessary to develop, maintain, improve, and troubleshoot required systems.
• Design and implement features within Rock RMS.
• Build, configure, and test Rock RMS features, processes, and workflows to automate processes.
• Understand ministry needs and communicate with stakeholders regarding projects.
• Design and implement data views, reports, dashboards, workflows, and other requested tools in Rock RMS.
• Manage the development of event registrations, forms, surveys, and oversee communications lists, and other Rock
• Train staff to effectively use Rock RMS to empower ministry.
• Maintain security of Rock RMS.
• Assist with software upgrades.
• Provide great customer service to Venture Christian Church staff and volunteers.
• Troubleshoot technical issues and develop a prioritized action plan for resolution.
• Receive and analyze end-user feedback and determine an appropriate course of action based on that feedback.
• Ensure reliability and usability of check-in systems.
• Complete technical documentation for new projects.
• Regularly communicate project status reports, results, and learnings. Analyze projects to glean insights for
strategically shaping future efforts.
• Identify, engage, empower, and care for volunteers to accomplish large projects.
• Communicate and train others on the benefits of software upgrades and new feature releases.
• Ad hoc assistance in other matters as requested by the Director of Information Technology.
The above summary represents the major tasks and duties. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities.
Therefore, the individual may perform other related tasks as needed to support Venture.
Qualifications – Education, Skills, Experience:
• 3+ years of related work experience.
• Familiarity with HTML, CSS, JS, SQL, C#, .Net.
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Google applications.
• Familiar with Microsoft Azure Portal.
• Familiar with SQL and Lava.
• Proficient with macOS and Apple computers.
• Clear, proactive, and excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills to maintain relationships
• Demonstrated leadership, working discipline, project management, and time management.
• Self-starter with entrepreneurial work ethic, able to self-motivate, take initiative, make independent decisions, and
problem-solve with challenging deadlines and priorities.
• Ability to collaborate in a team environment and work independently.
• Maintain a systematic and organized approach to completing assignments accurately, thoroughly, and timely.
• Attention to detail, accountable for the output of high-quality work.
• Ability to clearly explain complicated and detailed processes in a concise and simple way.
• Articulate and model a Christ-centered life consistent with Scripture; a growing and visible personal relationship
with Jesus Christ.
• Actively engaged in the life of the church and ministry outside the daily time at work.
• Fully support the mission, vision, doctrinal statements, strategy, and leadership of Venture Christian Church.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an
employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee
is regularly required to see, talk, and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and
arms. The ability to lift 30 lbs., open filing cabinets, and bend, stand or climb on step ladders as necessary.
Work Schedule: Minimum 40 hours per week; Monday-Friday, 8:30 a.m.-5:30 p.m, with schedule flexibility to accommodate occasional evening and weekend events. The schedule may change based on ministry and organizational needs.