Convert from OpenLP to ProPresenter

Hello all! First post here - I’m Dustin and I run the media (and most other tech) at New Life Church in Ball, La.

We are considering the switch from OpenLP to ProPresenter and have run into a snag. We have an extensive library of songs we have added custom lyrics and other edits in OpenLP and want to import them in rather than spending hours re-doing things and having to edit each song - especially since our worship leader doesn’t always stay on script and will regularly sing a song that is not on the schedule so we need to have the song in the system already not be trying to import it from the web while she sings the first verse.

Has anyone done this before? I’m not against having to do so in stages (import/export from one software to another until I get a format that can go into ProPresenter) but not sure where to go. i have imported the OpenLP database into VideoPsalm and Proclaim if that helps.

@Dwiley, did you ever find out an answer for your question? I am trying to find an answer for the same thing

Our church upgraded to ProPresenter 7 and it is amazing! The only issue that I am having is building our pretty large song library back. We was using Song Show Plus before we upgraded to ProPresenter 7. Song Show Plus got to where it was really slow and it hogged up a lot of CPU. From everything I have read, others mentioned using OpenLP and said that I could export my song library out of Song Show Plus and import the library into OpenLP. I did that and it saves all of the songs as a separate file but it saves them as a .xml file. You can open those .xml files but its in some kind of weird format. Its obviously not usable as of this moment.
My question is this. Is there a way to take those .xml files that OpenLP uses to view the song lyrics and import them into ProPresenter 7…?
If someone can help me figure this out then that person would be saving me TONS of time because as of right now I am having to build new slides for each individual song as if I didn’t have a library at all,(even though I do, the library is not in a format that i can import into ProPresenter7 at this time because those files are .xml files) PLEASE HELP :smile: