Accounting/Finance software

Looking at moving off of a ChMS with built-in finance to one without, so I need to have an accounting solution. Would anyone be willing to share what your finance team using, and what they think about it?

1 Like

We are moving to intacct later this year.

1 Like

Weā€™ve been using Microsoft GP/Dynamics for many years. Our finance team seems to like it. Itā€™s SQL just like our ā€˜new-erā€™ ChMS (MP) ā€¦ so hoping to build some dashboard mashups from both systems down the road.

1 Like

We just moved to Intacct from ACS. Not cheap (they recommend 12mil budget as the lower end of their customer base) but itā€™s super powerful and SaaS so thereā€™s nothing to implement locally beyond a browser.

1 Like

We currently use ShelbyNext Financials for finances separate from our Fellowship One for ChMs so this kind of answers your question. The 1st huge benefit to Shelby is that they have decades of experience in the Church finance field in ways that many others donā€™t. The 2nd is that they are almost completely web based.

1 Like

We have been using Blackbaudā€™s Financial Edge. Our former Accountant was instrumental in setting it up. I canā€™t give any details on how well we like it.

From an IT perspective it is ā€˜in the cloudā€™ and I am not responsible for backups or patching - BIG selling point for me.

1 Like

Weā€™re using Intacct and have been for a few years now. Our Business Ops folks are pretty happy with it, and Iā€™m thrilled that my involvement in keeping it running is pretty much non-existent. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Weā€™re in the process of switching to Intacct. A bit pricey but will save a lot of man hours for us.

1 Like

We switched to Intacct a couple years ago as well and our Finance folks love it.

1 Like

Those of you using Intacct @abaker, @toddlear, and @dmast, are you guys all over the recommended $12 million budget? We are evaluating some different options and I keep seeing this one pop up but our budget is only $6 million.

1 Like

Hey Jesse,
Our budget is $10 million.

Iā€™m sure they would take your money :wink: I think the ā€œminimum budgetā€ figure they give is that an org would (typically) need a budget of x size to justify a 15-20k/yr productā€¦ but I donā€™t think the size of your budget (on the low end) makes the product ā€œnot workā€, it just costs a lot relative to the budget.

1 Like

Iā€™m fairly certain our budget isnā€™t anywhere near $12M. Iā€™ll check tomorrow and get back to you though with something a little more exact.

Yeah I am sure they would as well. We wouldnā€™t pay 15-20k/yr for it. Thanks for the feedback.

Thank you guys for your input, itā€™s a huge help! Weā€™re well under 12M, so 15~20k is out of the question. Thatā€™s really helped focus us on the product search!

Weā€™ve been using MS GP/Dynamics for many years. Donā€™t recall the initial cost, but renewals are very reasonable.

1 Like