2018 National Conference Details

The Church IT Network is excited to be heading to the D.C. area for the first time for our 2018 Church IT Conference! We’re expecting 400+ church IT, ChMS, Web, Dev, and Online Ministry staff and volunteers to descend on McLean Bible Church Oct 2-4. This is your opportunity to connect and learn from peers and trusted technology partners. Combined, we represent over 1 million churchgoers. This is the largest single event for Church IT collaboration, inspiration, and community among peers from churches of all sizes and types. Many more details to follow, but here are the initial deets…

Oct 1 - pre-event meet-n-greet dinner
Oct 2 - 9am event kickoff
Oct 4 - 2pm event end

McLean Bible Church (main campus)
8925 Leesburg Pike
Vienna, VA
Host: Matt Pugh @MattPugh80

Driving/Metro Directions
Flight and Hotel Info and Group Rates
Fun stuff to do while in D.C.

Cost: $85 (includes onsite meals)! Yes, only $85 thanks to the generosity of our great event partners!

Attendee Registration
Partner Information & Registration

TenTalks - Discuss and submit TenTalk ideas and topics
Workshops - Discuss and submit workshop ideas and topics

Curious about last year’s event? Check out the 2017 event details.

<< This post will be updated as more info becomes available >>

1 Like

Anyone know if there is a big difference in distance/time to the church from Dulles or Washington National airports?

The church is right off the toll road, which is a direct shot from Dulles. Your next best option is Reagan, and then BWI.

Southwest will not let me book Amarillo to Dulles for some reason. Guess I will have to go to National. :frowning:

Reagan isn’t bad. You can take the Metro really close to McLean Bible and Uber the rest of the way. There is a station at the airport.
I think it is Blue line to Rosslyn.
Transfer to Silver line.
Silver line to Spring Hill. Probably about $5.00 total cost of the t rip.

From there it’s about 3 mile to the venue.

1 Like

To add what Kevin said, the silver line will take you by several hotels in Tysons Corner that will be within walking distance of the stations. We’ll have more hotel info as we get closer to the event.

Any update on Group Rates for Hotels yet?

Most hotels nearby are expensive. I was able to find an awesome VRBO for only $75 a night.

Since I’m renting a car anyway I got a hotel in Fairfax, VA for $90/night. Best Western Fairfax. It got good reviews on Trip Advisor and appears recently updated. It’s about a 18 minute drive to the McLean Bible Church. There were several other hotels in the similar price range and even cheaper motel type options if someone is really on a strict budget.

I haven’t seen any group hotel rates posted but when I inquired I was told even with the group rate they were on the expensive side so I decided to look on my own to stay within the budget I wanted to keep.

I paid my registration fee and booked my flight, hotel, and rental car today so I’m pumped for the conference! It was cheaper to fly into BWI than Dulles or Raegan so the drive will be a little further but worth the savings for my budget!

If you haven’t seen already … hotel and travel info posted here http://churchitnetwork.com/page/547

I registered, but never got a receipt emailed to me. Who do I contact to get a receipt so I can get it plugged into my accounting software? Thanks so much for your help with this!

Just FYI AAA Rates for Tyson’s Corner Marriot (near the Metro) is $215/night

Whoa! My VRBO looks really good compared to that!

If you are not used to the DC traffic, do allow extra time to get to McClean Bible Church if you are not close by. Both traffic and stop lights can lengthen the commute.

Are any of the sessions going to be either live streamed or hosted later to watch?

I’m looking at the same hotel, any chance you’d be up for carpooling as I won’t have a car this year. I can find another ride if needed, just trying to plan ahead. :wink:

Sure thing. I’m flying solo this year and already have the rental car secured. I think it’s a quad cab truck since it was the cheaper option which was surprising.

It looks like the group rate for the cheaper hotel isn’t available any more.